On this week’s episode of Teen Mom OG, Amber’s cousin expresses concern about the relationship with Matt Baier moving so quickly.
Krystal asks Matt how he feels about helping to raise Leah. To which he replies it’s not his job… he’s just there as an extra pair of hands. They acknowledge the age gap (19 years), and that they’re both former addicts, but it bonds them together and makes them stronger rather than causing problems.
Later in the episode, Matt talks to Leah and admits that he wants to marry Amber. Matt and Amber go on a date and Matt talks about the moments they’ve shared together during their whirlwind romance… then he asks Amber to marry him and reveals the diamond engagement ring!
Amber talks about these moments and more in a fan question and answer she just did for MTV!
- On filming Teen Mom OG: “Well its been 7 years now so it seems normal..however there are times it can get weird in emotional situations…love💖”.
- On whether it’s weird for Leah filming the show: “Not at all..shes such a normal little girl but she loves the cameras lol my little diva😊”.
- On fame: “Well honestly my supporters help me in so many ways however sometimes negative opinions are to much to handle💖”. She added, “Always be real and connect with your fans…show them love just like they do for you💖”. And when it comes to public speaking, “It has [gotten easier]… i still have anxiety but people always help me be at ease with kind comments..i love real interaction💖”.
- On staying grounded: “Advice from my family actually to stay grounded and humble and also to help others however i can💖”.
- On how often she sees the other Moms: “Not very often but i just spoke to @CatelynnLowell yesterday…we have a great relationship💕”.
- On where she would be without 16 & Pregnant: “I would definitely be in school just like a am now…with or without the show i still have that drive to be better💖”.
- On her diet: “No sugar or starches mostly however i did my own diet plan and i hope to help others with it in the future..love💖.”
- On Leah: Amber plans to tell Leah about her struggle with drugs. “When leah is old enough i will answer all questions for her but booboo is so smart she understands so much already💖”. She gushes, “Shes amazing..ill see her in a couple hours when i pick her up from school can’t wait💖”.
- On recovery: “Recovery has been a big challenge however I move forward every day & help others with my story to be healthy and happy”.
- On whether Gary takes away visitation out of spite or jealousy: “No i dont really know how he thinks but no matter what i will always stay healthy and happy for me and booboo💖”.
- On co-parenting: “Its hard but i just have to keep moving forward for leah💖”. Adding that her favourite thing about being a mother is “Watching how booboo is growing into such a smart and beautiful little lady💖”.
- On hoping to split custody: “I would love that however others are harder to convince💙”.
- On her and Matt: “We’re doing a lot better..of course there were some bumps we had to get over but I couldn’t be happier..love💖”.
- On her engagement: “She’s very excited and always asks when were going to get married because she wants to be the flower girl lol..adorable 💕”.
- On the idea of someone getting a prenup: “I do actually [think they’re a good idea], however its your choice in the end💖”.
- On whether she and Matt will have kids together too: “Right now i want to focus on college and moving forward with my career helping others..in the future its very possible💖”.