Family and friends have reacted on Twitter to the Bruce Jenner interview with Diane Sawyer.
Here is a list of the Twitter reactions from Bruce’s kids, ex-step kids, most recent ex-wife, family friends, work friends, and other celebrities who have mostly shared love, support, and encouragement.
Reactions on Twitter from Bruce’s family
- Kim Kardashian tweeted: “Love is the courage to live the truest, best version of yourself. Bruce is love. I love you Bruce. #ProudDaughter” and “Your honesty has opened the doors for others to be courageous and live an authentic life! #respect #hero #family”
- Kourtney Kardashian tweeted: “Couldn’t be a more proud daughter. With courage and bravery, let’s change the world. I am honored to stand by Bruce’s side and support him.”
- Khloe Kardashian tweeted: “Just finished watching the #BruceJennerInterview with the family. Bruzer, I’m soooo proud of you! Dads really are heros ❤️”.
- Rob Kardashian tweeted:
- Kendall Jenner tweeted: “I love you” and “so very proud of you, my hero.”
- Kylie Jenner tweeted: “Understandingly, this has been very hard for me. You will hear what I have to say when I’m ready to but… ..this isn’t about me. I’m so proud of you, Dad. You are so brave. My beautiful Hero.” Adding, “All this positive feedback I’m reading! makes me so happy.”
- Brandon Jenner tweeted: “Proud son.”
- Kris Jenner tweeted: “Not only was I able to call him my husband for 25 years and father of my children, I am now able to call him my hero.”
Reactions on Twitter from celebrities
- Oprah tweeted: “All of us deserve the right to be loved for who we are “. Bravo #BruceJenner”.
- Ariana Grande tweeted: “bruce jenner is beautiful💕 we all need to commit to making this world a more loving, supportive, SAFE /non judgemental place to be ourselves”.
- Laverne Cox tweeted: “Sending lots of love and support to #BruceJenner and their family tonight. It is always brave to stand in one’s truth. Congrats darling.”
- Ellen DeGeneres tweeted: “Bruce Jenner is a beautiful, brave human being. Sending him lots of love. He’s saving lives and opening minds tonight.”
- Lady Gaga tweeted: “#BruceJennerABC Now that is bravery. We have the chance to write this moment in history together. Let’s empower people like Bruce all over the world by being loving & not mean”.
- Lena Dunham tweeted: “I think it’s an incredibly powerful and brave move to disclose anything about your gender identity or sexuality in such a judgmental society. The interview is going to mean a lot to a lot of young people.”
- Boy George tweeted: “I absolutely applaud what [Jenner’s] doing and I think it’s very brave. And it actually makes me quite emotional. [Jenner] has my 150 percent support in every way. I think that the whole transgender thing is the new frontier.”
- Kris Humphries tweeted: “Man, I’m glad I got out when I did. #Gottadoyou”.
- Elton John tweeted: “It’s an incredibly brave thing to do, especially when you’re older. I admire him for doing it and I support him 100 percent.”
- Andy Cohen tweeted: “Mazel Tov to #BruceJenner – very very brave!!!”
- Miley Cyrus tweeted: “I LOOOOVE LOOOVE LOOOVE Bruce Jenner!!!!!!!”
- Patricia Arquette tweeted: “You have to be so brave to live this truth of who you are. And if Mrs. Jenner is transitioning, I give all my support to her and love and appreciate everything she’s given to America. She’s fighting a fight for a lot of kids that are being kicked out of their own homes. Society turns their back on these kids and it’s really brutal.”
- Whoopi Goldberg tweeted: “This is going to be a little bit of a game changer for people, and dealing with family and how people feel and having those conversations, this is going to be much bigger than ABC or Diane (Sawyer).”
- Donald Trump tweeted: “It’s very sad because he doesn’t seem very happy, and maybe whatever he’s going to be doing will make him happy. If he’s happy, I’m happy.”
- Dr Phil tweeted: “I am so happy for him. This is his body and his life, and he needs to do what he wants to do. It drains your spirit if you can’t be yourself. He is freeing himself.”
- Larry King tweeted: “I’ve interviewed #BruceJenner many times, and I’m in his corner. I support him & offer my respect.”
- Jimmy Fallon tweeted: “One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind. #BruceJenner #Brave”.