Tests have confirmed that Peaches Geldof was a heroin addict who died from taking the drug.
She had also taken heroin right before her death.
The Daily Mail reports, Peaches’ one-year-old son was alone in the house with her dead body for approximately 17-hours. The home was littered with syringes, cotton balls and nearly $1,000 worth of heroin. A capped syringe was hidden in a box of candy, and she hid other drug paraphernalia in her attic where her husband wouldn’t find it – he did, however, find text messages suggesting Peaches was using drugs and caught her flushing them down the toilet.
There was “import” quality heroin, “6.91g of heroin had a purity of 61% [which is] exceeding [the] 26% found at street level.”
The 25-year-old journalist, model and television personality was found dead in a bed in a spare room (where the parents sometimes napped with their minor children) at her home of Wrotham, Kent in England.
Her husband, Thomas Cohen, had phoned to check in with Peaches. When she failed to answer the phone, he went to the property and found his wife dead with their son also in the home.
Peaches’ own mother, television presenter Paula Yates, died of a heroin overdose in 2000. Peaches, daughter of Live Aid founder Sir Bob Geldof, had hoped to get clean so she would not die and leave toddler children behind. She was also taking (heroin substitute) methadone as part of her treatment.
Experts suspect that drug treatment had lowered Peaches’ tolerance to heroin. So when she stopped and then started using again, the same heroin levels that got her high before suddenly killed her by overdose.