Catelynn and Tyler Baltierra have revealed whether they would take back the daughter they put up for adoption 7 years ago (if they could).
The pair had their first baby as teens (the ages they were in these photos).
Catelynn and Tyler put the baby girl, Carly, up for adoption so she could have a better life. It’s an open adoption. Carly knows about her birth parents. Carly is the adopted daughter of Brandon and Teresa Davis.
Would Catelynn and Tyler take Carly back if they could?
A fan asked the couple during a Facebook question and answer session: “If you had the ability to take Carly back now that you are in a better place, would you?”
Catelynn answered: “I would never want to take Carly from Brandon and Teresa”. Catelynn believes that, after so much time, it would be wrong to uproot her child from the only family she knows.
Catelynn added of Carly’s adoptive parents, “Ty and I signed our rights away in a courthouse… those are her legal parents.”
Posted by Teen Mom on Thursday, 18 February 2016
Previously Catelynn and Tyler shared their journey with open adoption.
Catelynn gave birth to Carly on camera and handed her over for adoption on camera. Catelynn and Tyler cried for their daughter together on camera too. And they’ve been documenting their recent struggles on TV and social media.
- Brandon and Teresa threatened to cut off contact with Catelynn and Tyler after Catelynn and Tyler shared photos of Carly on social media without permission.
- Catelynn insisted their communication weeks later got much better.
- Catelynn explained that the relationship with Brandon and Teresa would take consistent effort.
- Catelynn admitted she made selfish decisions about Carly.
- Teresa explained the reason she banned social media photos of Carly.