In a new preview for Teen Mom OG Gary Shirley reveals how many children Matt Baier, 44, really has.
In the teaser (below) Gary asks ex-fiancee Amber Portwood to get out of the car during a co-parenting drop-off. Amber says no but is eventually coaxed out of the car. Gary says he has something for Amber. What is it? A record that proves Amber’s fiance Matt has SEVEN children.
Fans know that Matt has seven kids and some grandkids. But during the taping Amber would only admit to two kids.
So what is the truth?
Court records show Matt has seven kids (listen in seven separate child support cases against him).
The Ashley did a lot of digging around court records and established a list of Matt’s kids (below). Some of whom Matt claims on television and some he does not.
Matt’s kids are mentioned in seven separate child support cases dating back to the 1990s.
The Ashley explains “Matt has seven reciprocal child support cases against him in the state of Indiana, filed by five different women in several states!”
What does that mean? The open child support cases were moved to the state of Indiana.
A court clerk explains “…A court order was issued in another state after [paternity] had been established, and that state is now asking [the state of Indiana] to help enforce the case, now that the [father] lives in Indiana.”
Matt has seven children (that we know about). He is a grandfather. He has two ex-wives.
Matt and Amber acknowledge two of his kids. A daughter and a son ages 18 and 13.
Asked directly in this week’s episode how many kids Matt has, Amber replies “Two?” Gary points out, correctly, Matt has more like seven kids.
There are three more daughters and two more sons from the ages of five to 25. All of whom carry Matt’s surname. Court records list Matt’s birthday. Records also list Amber’s house as Matt’s place of residence.
- Child #1 is the 18-year-old daughter that Matt has acknowledged. She lives in Massachusetts.
- Child #2 is the 13-year-old son that Matt has acknowledged. He lives in Massachusetts.
- Child #3 is a 19-year-old daughter who is a college student in North Dakota.
- Child #4 is a 25-year-old son living in South Dakota. He appears to have been in some trouble with the law in recent years.
- Child #5 is a five-year-old son living in Massachusetts.
- Child #6 is a 22-year-old daughter living in Minnesota. She’s currently pregnant and the mother of a young son.
- Child #7 is a 23-year-old daughter living in Minnesota. (Her sister is Child #6.) She is currently married with one child. [via The Ashley]
Here’s an earlier Teen Mom OG preview.