One of Lamar Odom’s friends, Jamie Sangouthai, has passed away of an apparent drug overdose at 37-years-old.
Jamie co-starred on the eponymous Khloe & Lamar show, before it was put on hold due to Lamar’s personal issues. Jamie is also, according to TMZ, “the man Khloe and others claimed fueled Lamar’s disastrous crack binge 2 years ago.” During which Lamar recorded a rap song where he admitted he cheated on Khloe with multiple women.
Jamie and Lamar were friends since high school. According to reports this weekend, law enforcement sources say Jamie died of a heroin overdose.
UPDATE 18 June: Page Six corrects TMZ: “Jamie died Sunday from a rare flesh-eating disease [necrotizing fasciitis] caused by injections from dirty needles”.
TMZ reports “Jamie died Sunday in a hospital in downtown L.A. He was taken to the hospital after someone called 911.”
Khloe reacted to the news on Twitter, writing “When does it stop? RIP…”:
💔 when does it stop? RIP Jamie Sangouthai
— Khloé (@khloekardashian) June 14, 2015
Khloe’s friend since childhood, Malika Haqq, posted about it on Instagram, writing “Thru good and bad times life shows us every spirit matters and leaves a print on the hearts of others after they have passed… RIP Jamie Sangouthai #GodHelpUsAll”: