Amber Portwood “doesn’t give a s**t” about the haters!
How does Amber cope when someone says something negative on social media? She blocks them and moves on! She says it’s part of her new, positive approach to life. She’s made other changes too. Like getting healthy, losing weight, and starting her own business.
Amber opened up about her sobriety, her diet, her life in the spotlight, how she will cope financially if Teen Mom ends and of course “Boo-Boo”, her daughter, Leah Shirley.
- Amber talks about her slim new look. What was her motivation to lose the weight and how does she stick with it? “t’s been a journey. What I had to do when I first got out [of jail] was focus on staying sober. But I always wanted to lose weight and get healthy again. That was my next step. When I started to feel comfortable with my sobriety, I was like, ‘Okay, now it’s time to go an extra step.’ That takes so much out of you that you really have to be dedicated and have the energy to do it. I’ve tried to transform my life into something new since I’ve been out.”
- Is it hard to watch Teen Mom reruns (pre-prison episodes)? “I do not watch any re-runs of the show. When people say things on Twitter, which doesn’t really happen anymore, I just block them and try to move on. I can’t handle it. I can’t do it. I don’t think it’s healthy for me to see myself back then in that way, because I’ve already dealt with it in my own personal life. I could just see myself falling back into depression. It was such a horrible time of my life.”
- How do you handle fame and the attention it can bring? “I do not care … I just don’t give a s**t. I’m sorry. I live my life, I make my money, and I take care of my family. That’s all I care about.”
- How is the custody battle between Amber and Gary? “You’re also going to see me working the hardest that I probably ever have to change the relationship between me and Gary and getting my daughter back. This is going to be a pretty intense season, I feel. I can’t really say season. It’s a very intense part of my life.”
- She continues… “There was a time through the custody battle months ago that things were very weird between all of us, and my daughter actually was different. Everybody could see it, not just me. She wasn’t wanting to spend time with me, which was very out of character for Leah, because she absolutely loves being with me. I really felt like something was going on. ‘Til this day, I’ll never know, but it’s just how I felt at the time. Of course [I confronted him]. You guys can watch it. It’s a part of my life.
- How does Amber earn money outside of Teen Mom? “I run my own business. I’m a home investor and a house flipper. I’m going to invest in homes in Florida here soon. I make great money doing it and it’s a great way to invest the money that I made from Teen Mom. I’m doing great outside of Teen Mom … you’ve got to build your own life. You can’t count on MTV and TV and fans to keep your life going.”