Big Bang Theory actress Kaley Cuoco and tennis player Ryan Sweeting are getting a divorce after 21 months of marriage.
Looking back at their relationship there were a few things that went wrong:
- Kaley rebounded with Ryan weeks after her fling with Superman actor Henry Cavill
- Ryan moved in with Kaley after one blind date
- Kaley bought the house previously owned by Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom (Khloe and Lamar got engaged after knowing each other a few weeks)
- Kaley and Ryan got engaged after knowing/ dating each other for 3 months
- They got married after another 3 months
- Kaley got the roman numerals for her wedding anniversary tattooed on her neck
- They stopped appearing together on red carpets earlier this month
- They announced their divorce after 21 months of marriage
- Kaley and Ryan deleted each others’ photos off social media (including her Instagram rant defending their marriage back in April) and unfollowed each other
Now insiders reveal that even more (incredibly basic) things went wrong. Like knowing each other, getting along, and being at all compatible.
“The few times Kaley and Ryan were out together recently, the tension was noticeable,” a source tells PEOPLE. “You could tell the honeymoon phase had ended.”
What were some of their issues? “Kaley and Ryan seem to have totally different personalities.” How so? “Kaley is extremely focused and high-energy. She seems to always be working. On her off time, she also keeps very busy.”
However, “over the summer, Ryan spent a lot of time at home… He has been struggling with injuries and barely practiced tennis. He has acted very down.”
Did they try to work through their issues? “It seemed they were trying to work out their marriage by going on dates, but they both seemed miserable.”
Previously the tabloids claimed Ryan was a kept man and Kaley gave him an allowance/ credit card. The tabloids also claimed that Kaley was “bossy” and demeaning.
Last year an insider claimed the pair got into physical fights.