Amber Portwood opened up to fans about her life in a recent Q&A.
The Teen Mom star did a Facebook question and answer session over the New Year.
Amber talked about wedding dress shopping, her weight loss, her custody battle with ex-fiance Gary Shirley, the challenges of co-parenting and the challenges of parenting daughter Leah Shirley on-camera.
Here are some of the questions fans asked Amber:
- Have you found your perfect wedding dress yet? How are things coming along with wedding plans will we get to see it on the new Teen Mom? “I have not found my perfect wedding dress because I still want to lose 15 more pounds. THEN I will go find the perfect dress.”
- What’s the most challenging part about being a Teen Mom? “Learning everything brand new…Your first kid is always going to be pretty hard. I was always stressed out about not doing things right. You really have to do your homework!”
- Do you wish your life was off screen rather than broadcasted? “I don’t wish my life was offscreen but it would make my life easier. But I don’t complain because I enjoy what I do. I enjoy helping other people.”
- Do you plan on having more biological children? “Right now I’m focusing more on my business but probably when I’m in my 30s I’ll want to have another kid.”
- What is your business you mentioned? “Locally I flip homes and I’m also a house investor outside of Indiana. I just sold my first home in 5 days!”
- Are you going to in the future go for full custody of Leah? (reports of a custody “win” were premature). “I don’t think it’s necessary to go for full custody but I am pursing 50/50 custody with Gary. It’s already in the works and should be done soon.”
- How are you and [ex-fiance] Gary getting along? “Currently we are getting along pretty well. We are co-parenting very lately! It’s quite shocking!”
- What’s your main goal for 2016? “Move forward with my work and finally get to my goal weight and stay healthy and sober. Try to be better than who I am today…”